Thursday, July 16, 2009

making dinner..

tonight I was making dinner for Matt and me. Usually the TV is going in our house even if noone is watching it. I had it turned on mute because I was on the phone earlier. I can't see the TV from the kitchen, so it was quiet and still in the house as I prepared dinner. I love when I know that Matt is headed home and will be walking through the door to greet Vegas and me soon. I also loved how quiet my mind was as I waited for the water to boil for our mac n' cheese. I reflected on the conversation that I had with Ashley earlier in the afternoon. So many times during our chat I felt so much joy and excitement for where she is in her life. We have been dear friends for a LONG time and I know we will be for many many years to come.

She will be standing with Matt and me when we get married. I am so lucky to have sweet friends who I can talk to so long that I lose track of time. We can talk about the deep things in our hearts and trust that no judgement will take place. We can celebrate with each other when we experience victories.. and cry with one another when there are hard times.

Today, I think we may have decided where we are getting married! I want to remember all the moments of this time and take it all in. I am marrying the love of my life.. and I couldn't have more peace... love you, Matt.

Love,
Lindsi

No comments: