Friday, April 16, 2010

Open House..


Last night we had open house for my Pre-Kinder kiddos. I knew that I would enjoy seeing the parents and giving the families their set of Eduplates http://www.eduplate.net/.

But I didn't think that I would hope it wouldn't end. I have enjoyed this year so much as a first year teacher. I am looking forward to next year! I know that I will feel more prepared and ready to serve my students and their families. There were a lot of moments this year where I was just trying to survive and get everything done that needed to be done. This summer I will be able to plan and prepare and do so much more than just survive next year.

I have learned SO MUCH, but mostly I have learned that I was meant to be a teacher. It is the right fit for me and that is a nice feeling..

Right now I am really debating on what I will do with my summer. It will feel so strange not to work, so I am thinking about picking up a summer job. However, would it be fabulous to take the summer off and get SO MUCH done for next year, hang out with my dog and be a newlywed? I mean.. I like the idea of Matt coming home to a clean house and a good meal. I go back and forth on a daily basis.. But I am sure that I will come to a decision at just the right time!

Tonight we are going bowling with Matt's dad and his family. It has been so great to see Matt have the chance to reconnect and for me to be a part of this family. We are blessed beyond measure and I am so thankful.

Lately, I have been hearing how un-stressed I look! That is so great to hear! I am committing to enjoy the next 2 weeks of being engaged. This is the last period of time that I will be Matt's fiance and I want to take in every minute. Everything will get done, maybe some things won't.. but in 15 days, I get to marry Matt. Everything else seems secondary to that very powerful and life changing reality.

I guess I am really moved by a blog I spent some time reading yesterday.. because this is the second time that I have shared an idea that I read there! I don't want to be enough for Matt.. or good for Matt.. I want to be great! I want to make his life so sweet as his help-mate, best friend and partner. I think that we will make each other very happy in this life and I trust that even when difficult times come, he will stay by my side and I will stay by his. I believe that we need strength that only the Lord can give to do this.

The weekend is here again and while it will be busy, it will be great! I plan on getting a lot done for my girls.. our luncheon is next Saturday! My mom has gone above and beyond to make that day perfect. I am so blessed! Okay, I have crammed as much as I can in this post..

L

No comments: